Would’ve dropped Sachin Tendulkar, says Sandeep Patil

MUMBAI: Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar would have been dropped from the Indian ODI team in 2012 had he not announced his retirement, former chief selector Sandeep Patil revealed in an interview to Marathi channel ‘ABP Majha’ on Wednesday. It was heavily speculated in the media at the time of Tendulkar’s retirement that he had been nudged by the selectors to leave.

“On December 12, 2012, we met Sachin and asked him about his future plans. He said he did not have retirement on his mind. But the selection committee had reached a consensus on Sachin… and had informed the board too about it. Perhaps Sachin understood what was coming because at the time of the next meeting, Sachin called and said he was retiring (from ODIs). If he had not announced his decision to quit then, we would have definitely dropped him,” Patil made this stunning revelation.

Source:-indiatimes
View more:EMAIL DATABASE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s